1st Grapplethon Germany
Save the date!
On the 27th of April Nexus Fighter Academy will host a GrappleThon in Germany. This fun event entails a 24 hour BJJ marathon of rolling for a good cause.
Nexus Fighter Academy instructor Ana Yagües, together with the help of GrappleThon addicts Can Sönmez (co-founder and instructor of Artemis BJJ in Bristol) and Weronika Urbanska are organising this charity event in Hamburg, Germany, with the aim of raising money for the integration of child refugees, young migrants and socially vulnerable youth through the medium of sport.
This GrappleThon is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) event in which the BJJ community rally to roll to raise funds for a worthy cause. Our BJJ marathon will last 24 hours.
Due to the difficulties facing newly arrived immigrants and refugees in terms of integration and gaining acceptance in their new homes we have decided on this initiative as a statement of welcome and a promise of hope.
click here or copy&paste following link on your browser:
– 27th April 10am to 1pm – rolling time for kids all ages.
– 27th April 1pm to 28th April 10am – rolling time for adults.
– All clubs and/or affiliations are welcomed;
– the event will run for 24h. It starts on 27th April 2019 at 10am and ends on 28th April at 10am.
– The first 3 hours: 10am-1pm are reserved for children. We want to include children in this project, to raise awareness among the youngest about what it means to be a migrant, a refugee or to come from less fortunate families AND to show the children that often we can do something to help/support those who need it. We want to promote respect and solidarity amongst our kids!
– participants do not have to stay/roll for the whole event, they can drop in even just for one roll;
– 4 hours kids day care/babysitting for athletes with children in the time 16h-20h.
– For travelers on a tight budget, there is the possibility to sleep in the academy. See conditions below.
– It might be an opportunity for people who wish to try Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the first time to do so in a friendly environment;
– the participation is free but organisers kindly ask to donate at least 1€ for charity;
– GrappleThon is not a competition;
– There will be prizes for participants, good music and friendly vibes to make it even more fun!
Are you a GrappleThon pilgrim and need a place to sleep?
We decided to use our second separated mat room as dormitory for our GrappleThon “pilgrims”, that is, athletes travelling from outside Hamburg.
The room is heated and has 45 sqm, so warm and big enough for a bunch of people. It has also doors to keep it closed during sleeping time when other people keep rolling. You just need to bring a sleeping bag!
Good, isnt it? Well, there is only one condition to use this free accodomation which, by the way, will be avaible the day before, the day after and the day of the Grapplethon, 3 nights to make your stay in Hamburg affordable if you are on a tigh budget.
Condition: You need to roll at least 2 hours, one of them must be from 7am-10am of the 28th of April, the final hours of our GrappleThon.
Deal? Just let us know ahead if you are interested to save you a spot.
Do you intend to participate in the GrappleThon and you have children?
Thanks to BJJ Mums sponsorship, we will offer kids-day-care/babysitting for athletes with children in the time 16h-20h. This service is for free but you need to book it by sending a mail with the number of kids and ages to firstname.lastname@example.org
Event sponsored by: